Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here it is.

I recently separated from the military and have been on "hiatus" for a little less than a year and I am ready to move forward with my life. I am looking to get a web design degree through Full Sail's online program. If you can give me any good advice please do especially if you have done something with them.

I know that Full Sail gets talked down a lot mainly because of the price tags on the degrees...but if money wasn't an issue how does this program rate with others that are available online (Art Institute, etc).

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Are you planning on focusing with web design, or web development?

Web Design is more about how the site looks, graphics, photoshop, layouts, CSS, etc.

Web Development is about the back-end programming and how it works ...
    PHP/MySQL, XHTML, XML, Javascripting and CMS Systems

Web sites are about both of those, but not very many people are proficient at both.
    With your explanation, I'm guessing you want to be more into graphic design.

Just realize that web sites are about both areas of expertise and your online class
    won't make you an expert, in fact, you probably will struggle unless you are
    proficient at both.

Member #
    The program Full Sail offers is a bit of both. It's actually called Web Design and Development ( http://www.fullsail.edu/online/degre...sign-bachelors ). I just shortened the name because I figured people who knew anything about the program would know what I was referring to. But yes I would like to focus more on looks. However, there is nothing stopping me from picking up some books and teaching myself whatever it is I feel that I need/want to learn.

But yeah, I know they are different things. I have some prior experience doing MySQL and PHP. Although, it has been a long time.

If anyone has taken this program on campus or online Please give me some of your opinions!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yyyyeeeaaaahhhhhhssssss PHP. oh..... sorry, slipt out.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads