Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Web Design Help

Member #
    Hey guys,
    I am the administrative assistant for a power-sports company located in Florida. The ownership of the store has changed hands and I personally think the web site was designed horribly, I plan on renewing the design and placing AdSense or any other PTC on it. I have the FTP information (which had over 500 useless pages) and I used to be really big into web design but have slowly changed fields. I have the HTML knowledge necessary to complete the task but graphically I don't know where to begin. I would highly appreciate if somebody gave me a starting point on what to do with it.

TLR?
    Help.

The site:
    http://mojopowersportsinc.com

Member #
    First of all, I would try to decide on a certain color scheme. The black and green towards the top of the page looks great. There are too many different colors as you get closer to the bottom, though.

I'm also not very pleased with the typography on the page. There's too many different sizes and fonts being used on the page. Try to stick with one font/size combo for the headers, and one font/size combo for the body copy, if at all possible.

One last thing that I would recommend is giving the user a little feedback when they hover over a link. Maybe it's just me, but the way the links are styled right now, it almost looks like everything on the page is a link.

That's all I have for now. I could probably come up with a little more, though, but I'm tired. I'm sure someone else will stop by and share some thoughts. Hope this gets you a little started, at least.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    looks like you have your work cut out for you. i would like to see the site evolve. hope you continue to post about it. any spacific questions on html and css i would love to help. still working on the php. good luck.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads