Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I was doing some spring cleaning the today and I found some old books from University, they are for learning Flash MX 2004 and the Flash MX bible. Now I know we are on CS4 version of Flash which is like 4 versions on from MX 2004, I just wanted to ask is there any point using these books as a means of learning Flash as a beginner or should I just put them up on ebay ?....... Also I wanted to discuss, at what point does learning material for a piece of software or a scripting language become obsolete and is there any reference use for old versions of manuals, books and tutorials.

Thanks Guys and Gals

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    realy, CSS-3 is on its way with animations to the rescue. that combined with php covers intractive design. and flash video is an overkill since mp4 can be used far more libaraly. i dont see a nitch for MS or adobe in the near future. all of these options prsented load faster and work on linux (on the rise). oh and i can build mp4 from scratch in GIMP.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Thanks for the reply a bit cryptic, I was more just asking generally if old books can serve any purpose in your learning of software or languages ?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    ok my bad. well that depends on if you think learning DOS would be usefull lol. na just sell em on ebay dude. someone will buy them.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I think Dorky misinterpreted CS3 as CSS3.

The main differnce between Flash MX/2004 and CS3/4 is the switch from ActionScript2 to ActionScript3.

If you think you'll be interested in doing AS programming, then by all means you should begin with the latest version, because it was completely rewritten, inside and out.

Member #
    it depends on the version thsat you have at home , uni, college or work, For the past three years I have used mx2004 at uni as they have not updated it yet. But I have bought dreamweaver cs4 just incase they upgrade the version over the summer. If you have 2004 at home and want to learn 2004 then learn but if you are at work or college and they have cs4 learn cs4.

Remove Ads