Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Hi Everyone,
    Update. Random gibberish gone. Now having a big time problem w/ frames. I want to link from the page below to a frameset that holds the four different sections where people will scroll across the bottom to view the photos.
    Any help or insight into this is soo greatly appreciated.

http://www.mandrakestudios.com/

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    dude all i get is your server directory. i dont see an index.html or index.php or the like. i am for sure anti dreamweaver but if you are willing to learn some code to get around this i would love to help. the problem with relying on dreamweaver and such is that when the market shifts and dreamweaver falls behind all those sites are worthles untill the next release of dreamweaver. lest designers actualy learn code.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Site loads for me fine. What random gibberish are you talking about?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    Site loads for me fine. What random gibberish are you talking about?
    It was a bunch of random numbers and words like "content/data" "application/octet, stream"...etc..

I was using yahoo's file uploading system to upload everything, I then switched to fetch and now its gone. However, my frame pages are now the problem. I upload them and link them to the index and I get the "not found" message...sigh...

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Did you link to the FULL URL, or partial URL of the frames?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    Did you link to the FULL URL, or partial URL of the frames?
    Well, to be honest, I dont even know anymore. Yesterday everything worked fine. Then I took it down to fix the random gibberish and when I went back to upload it all went downhill.

Basically, when I create a frames page i go to New, Framesets, Fixed top...I insert my page elements in each frame, I name each frame, then when I save it asks to save three different times.
    One a frameset and two frames. Am I missing something?

I've been at it all day and I think I'm starting to psyche myself out...it cant be this hard right?? lol

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    mandrake ...
    It normally isn't hard to use frames, but frames are not the recommended
    way to go ... at least, none of us would recommend them. We normally
    use PHP scripting to include content (and not use frames). You can't run
    PHP scripts offline (unless you have a server), but you can code with PHP and
    test out your pages online. Even using static HTML pages is better than frames.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    actually i use php and iframes. php does not allow for scrolling in a defined area of the layout, iframes do and that is what he is getting at. but i have something better. mandrake i something i put together for you if you are interested. i need to add to my empty portfol.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim
    mandrake ...
    It normally isn't hard to use frames, but frames are not the recommended
    way to go ... at least, none of us would recommend them. We normally
    use PHP scripting to include content (and not use frames). You can't run
    PHP scripts offline (unless you have a server), but you can code with PHP and
    test out your pages online. Even using static HTML pages is better than frames.
    Lol...you guys are hilarious...As my wdf designations says, I'm a total "noob"... I'd love to take Dorky's advice and drop some CSS's on my site or even some PHP action for that matter. I'd also like to leap tall buildings in a single bound. But I'm a photographer by trade and am just trying to build a basic, yet elegant site to display my photos.
    If I can take my index page to link to a page like this: www.tokyphotography.com, I'll be more than satisfied. Which is basically how to setup a frameset containing all sections of my site. Top part stays static, bottom part w/ photos scrolls a la Toky's.
    If anyone can help me do that, I will buy you a vitual cookie...:laugh:

Member #
    Web Design Help

Shoot me an email and I'll be more than happy to help you with your problems.

Rah

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads