Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

ETS
    Member #
    I just wanted to get some opinion into whethere frames usage to display only ads is a good idea, or will it have a negative impact on the site being indexed by search engines?

I know that lot of new browsers are now preventing frames. Is there a way to get around this issue?

I do not want to place ads on my site as it only disfigures the site layout.

Secondly, If i do decide to introduce frames on top of my site pages, is it easy to link one frame to all pages on my site, i was ony asking as i have over 300 pages (HTML/CSS) and unfortunately it isn't a dynamic site.

Please note that i use dreamweaver 8 and and consider my self a newbie if anything

All comments are much appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yea, it should be ok As Long as its in Full Plain View.
    Oh, and btw, It should not Impact the Search Engines. I have websites that Uses Frames (As Navigators) which works just as well.
    In fact, Working on another one now.
    For my Purpose, Its better than having to put a Navigator on Each Page :classic: .

ETS
    Member #
    Thanks, this is just exactly what i was hoping for.

I have never actually introduced any frames in my sites. This is a new one for me.
    Just to be clear, i only have to create one frame and put it in the site dir right?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Theres a couple ways of doing it.
    The way I do it is this. You have an Index.html, it point to 2 Different Html. One called a Side.html and the other called a Main.html
    The website Im working on is called petcemeteryonline.com to get an Idea.
    This is the index.html Formula:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" x-undefined>
    <TITLE>PET CEMETERY</TITLE>
    <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="pet, cemetery, online, petcemetery">
    <META NAME="Description" CONTENT=" Online Pet Cemetery">
    <META NAME="Author" CONTENT=" ">
    </HEAD>
    <frameset cols="12%,88%" frameborder="YES" border="0" scrolling="no">
    <frame src="side5.html" name="side" noresize>
    <frame src="main5.html" name="main5">
    </frameset>
    <noframes></noframes></html>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
    Frameset Cols 12% to side5 and 88% to main5
    It will do a Split Screen With Frame.
    There are other ways of doing it, I dont remember how though.
    But I use this Method on ALL My Sites.
    That is a Side by Side, If you want a Top and Bottom, let me know. I have the Code for that as well.

ETS
    Member #
    Thanks a lot i had a look at your site and i am doing it pretty much the same way only i'm using just the TOP.

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>Frameset</title>
    </head>

<frameset rows="137,*" cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0">
    <frame src="UntitledFrame-9.html" name="topFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="topFrame" title="topFrame" />
    <frame src="zzzpage_294.html" name="mainFrame" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />
    </frameset>
    <noframes><body>
    </body>
    </noframes></html>

Now this is linked to another frame file and an index file.

Now here's my dilemma, everything works well if a visitor comes on site via index.html and continue to browse other pages, frame shows on each page

However, if a visitor finds anyother 299 pages on my site and goes to them directly, the frame does not show. How do i fix this?

This might explain, I have a 300 page site and i want to introduce interchanging adbanners on all pages, however, i do not want to copy and paste these codes to 300 pages, so i thought if i could use frames to show banners on all pages then it would be much easier to edit banners and as these are interchangeable same code will work but not all banners will be identical.

Remove Ads