Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: To the Comunity

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    thanks for the feedback on my site. it was helpful and insightful. i am sorry i dont condone the use of javascript as clientside scripting as far as i was taught is a nono for design. cookies as well. or anything that could disrupt the end user exp based on their personal settings. load speed, navagation, and the 15 second rule is what i was taught. i came here to offer and to learn. my offers were opposed time and again by those that frown on coders and my only question thread was ignored and consolidated to a small corner out of sight even though they were different topics, yes the same script but very dif questions. i enjoyed helping with html and css questions but the users stalking my post dont know enough code to post without looking foolish so maybe that had something to do with it not sucking. anyway, mission acomplished. the linux guy is now gone. tc, much love. :lick:

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    I understand where you are coming from, When I learned HTML at college we hardly had any editors to work with. All we had was notepad. I learnt html qucikly as it was new to me. I enjoyed coding but when I went to university I had to learn dreamweaver and I always codded in it and then had to use the design part, which is ok, but if it is used to much we can simply forget the html tags. I like to refresh meself with tags from time to tinme but I do use the design to fit items into the website and then look at the coding. I think that the main reason we become realiant on wysiwigs is because technology is moving quicky in every area even in design. I read this years web magazine from dot.net and recently learned how to use grids and wireframes to design a website compared to when I started at college. All everyone was interested was coding, now it is manily usability and design.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yes, but it is all code. it is just a matter of how that code is born. i have calmed down since this post but i was pretty hot for a min. kept getting downed on for recommending against javascript as if this forum was one of exclusivity to cs3-4 hacks. i have been a cook for 15 years from fast food to 5 star and in almost every place i have worked including moneytree ATM's, javascript was disabled on their systems. either for security reasons or because the computer leasing co found it kept them from having to maintanance because the employees surf nono sites and fried the OS. at any rate biz owners spend a lot of time at their bis and very likely will be viewing these site from that point of view. cutting them out is cutting out an unspoken browser type, the comapny browser.
    i understand that not everybody has the exp to understand this but that is what i was trying to share and some feel if they do not know something it must not be valid. kinda pompous i think.

thx for the read.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads