Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i see a lot of "don't use frames/iframes"

well i thought i would start a thread so you could post
    actual data and facts to make it clear why this is bad since it is brought up so often by those that do use them and those that do not.

please be sure to include a link to your resource(s) to make it a valid point of discussion.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Whenever server-side technology is available to me, I haven't had a need to use both frames and iframes in several years.

One of the problems is they introduce unecessary HTTP requests. Just like having a million images or scripts on a page, the more HTTP connections, the slower the page is to load.

It can also wreak havoc with things like Javascript and the browser's Back button.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    For me, Frames depends on the type of prject that I am doing. My own personal website is made without frames as it is about creative writing, poetry and stories. I did try to use frames for this site but it looked out of proportion, I still have the site up, with no frames beacuse it looks more appealing to surfers.
    Attachment 4276
    However the website that I am doing now will depend on frames because I need to keep the facts, data seperate from the links and probably the logo. The site is aimed at older surfers, Therefore the use of frames keeps the same layout for each page, subject.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I am in web design for almost 3 years... I havent yet used frame & iframe for a single project !!!

Remove Ads