Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello everybody.
    What i want to know is just a simple and realistic opinion.
    I just got a job offer to do a web-site...to be exact...The Foreign Ministry web-site...from a country.
    I am a begginer in webpage design...and havent been involved in a big project.
    I am supposed to start the project in september or october....I want to know how much time does it take to make a web-site similar to this:
    http://www.mae.ro/
    Is it possible to learn in 3 moths all it takes to complete such a task?
    The client requiers it to be slightly better than the one listed above...and have security.
    As i said i am a begginer...
    I am student at the electronics and telecomunications faculty...and i do know some medium programming in C language.I haven't been working with databases.
    So...this what i'm asking...can it be done...?
    What does a website like this supposed to contain?
    Please....be as honest and as frank as possible.I do want to do this right...if it can be done by me.
    Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yes. here are some thoughts
    you could use a cms but beware the overhead from extra code on a site of that scale a cms could bog it down with unused code. but this site looks very cms.

if you decide to one up the previous design you should be able to pick it up pretty quick if you have c experience. it looks like this site is php driven and i understand php is similar to c. also you will need to learn css and maybe javascript but i dont see anything that absolutelly has to be done in javascript. so the list bellow are the codes i feel would be needed to do this

html
    css
    php

most of this can be done with a cms and a little custom codeing. but like i said beware of the overhead. i am typically oposed to cms work but if you are on a short time line use it. if you have time to work then code it yourself. it will go a long way towards your reputation to do it custom. html and css are way easy so get them out of the way first going in order of learning, 1.HTML 2.CSS 3.PHP. im a noob too, but css and html took me less then a month each to master. php is considerably harder.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    If there is one thing that I have learnt then it is to not take on a project that you now know you cannot do. It will only give you headaches and stress as the client will look for results and very often some custom design which will take any beginner very long to do.
    Rather ask an expert do work with you on the project, which will allow you he opportunity to even learn a thing or two.]

Remove Ads