Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So I was all jazzed cuz I finally finished MOST of the site. I tested it in Firefox and Safari on my computer and everything looked great.

Then I went on my g/f's macbook pro and looked at it in her Safari (a few versions newer than mine) her Firefox(also a few versions newer) Flock and IE...

My fonts look nothing like they're supposed to.

So if you look at my site and see generic looking fonts know thats not what I see on my browser or what I meant for them to look like.

All you handcoders out there, is there a way to make the fonts I see on my comp be consistent w/ all other browsers? Or am I gonna have to make little buttons in photoshop and replace all my current links?

Here's my site:
    www.mandrakestudios.com

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    What font is it?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    What font is it?
    I use Eurostile for all the links, Edwardian Script for the dirty glam title sections, and Copperplate for the "Mandrake Studios" logo at the top.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    The end user has to have those fonts on their computer. They don't come with Vista FYI.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yeah look at it in firefox. chances are if its in firefox its in all of them.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    if you can find code that ask that installs the font onto the end users computer then it might be viable or look up dot.net and their webmamgasine thatr has coding for fonts.

Member #
    Look into using sIFR - it uses Flash and JavaScript allowing you to use ANY font you've got on your system. It also gives you the ability to specify a "standard" font so it will degrade gracefully if a user doens't support one or the other.

http://wiki.novemberborn.net/sifr/What+is+sIFR

Remove Ads