Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all,
    This is my first post here and am excited to be part of your community. I was really hoping you all could help me with the following...I was wondering if anyone could tell me what was used to create the "/// News Banner" section of this homepage:
    http://www.worldsbk.com/en/home.html
    At first I thought that it was Flash, but it doesn't seem to be? Is it Flash or something else? Thanks in advance for any input anyone could give on this. Take care.
    AJ

Member #
    Here's another site that seems to be creating animation in the "Feature Banner" that isn't Flash:
    http://www.entripy.com/?gclid=CM-bhq...FQUilgodGlcj_g
    Thanks again for any help anyone can provide.
    AJ

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    they used joomla and javascript but used for dynamic navigation that should be done with server side scripting. also the animated red strip is flash indeed.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky
    they used joomla and javascript but used for dynamic navigation that should be done with server side scripting. also the animated red strip is flash indeed.
    Thank you for the info and your feedback. Please forgive my ignorance as I don't know anything really about Joomla (but will research it now *S*), but was the animation created then with Joomla or Javascript. To this point any animation type work I've done on any sites I've designed have been done with Flash. Also, whether it's Joomla or Javascript, is there any advantage in using it for the animation over Flash? Thanks in advance once again for any response. Take care.

AJ

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    not sure. the data type is flash. the rest i couldnt tell you, i havent gotten to animations yet and i dont use cms. javascript is a nono because it is client side. so is flash but as far as animation(not video) flash is the way to go.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads