Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've posted here because it appears you need to have the site coded to post in the review section and I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm looking for feedback on the COMP I've recently designed up for my portfolio site redesign.

My current site can be found at http://www.gedesignz.com But I'm requesting review on my new design not my current. I'd like feedback and suggestions before I start building. Thanks.

Small description of rollovers: Navigation: "Web Design" is the off state, "Photography" is the hover state, and "Contact" is active or clicked state. My work thumbnail's hover state will be the color you see and off state will appear as the ones to the right of that one. My social networking icons will work in similar fashion. My work thumbnail's will lightbox into fullview when clicked.

All feedback is appreciated, likes, dislikes, suggestions, etc. You can be as brunt as you'd like so long as it's constructive I'm going for a minimalistic design but and suggestions of stuff to add are more than welcome. Thanks in advance, Gavin

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I like your new design better than the old one (or current one).
    I'm not sure what font you have on your new site (the .png image) ...
    but it will need to be a font that everyone else has. Will that be a problem?

Member #
    yea, it's georgia. at least for the main text, the logo and the nav use avenir but i planned on making those images anyway. but all the content is Georgia so it'll work fine. and the content titles are arial.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Aye the current is better, I'm no fan of ridiculously huge page headers where you have to scroll through 5 mins of images to reach the pages content ;p lol. But seems like thats the new "web 2.0" though.
    Lead Web Designer
    MLW & Associates, LLP.
    W3C Standards Complaint and SEO Friendly
    Admin of Vraul
    WordPress.org Developer

Remove Ads