Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I am new to this stuff. I created an animation on adobe flash, and I am trying to successfully put it on my website (with the program dreamweaver), but when I import the flash, the internet preview just shows a blank white rectangle. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Export it out of Flash then look for the swf file in DW, drag and drop that where you need it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroweb99
    Export it out of Flash then look for the swf file in DW, drag and drop that where you need it.
    Thanks that worked! The problem now is in internet explorer preview, it includes the white backround as my animation. Is there any way I can get the object itself on the page?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Viewing IE locally will block active content. You are using a swf file so I'm not sure why it would do that. Allow active content in IE, usually a bar at the top of the page. If not, can you upload it to a server and then try to view it?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I find a good way to embed the swf is to publish the file from flash then open the html file that is created in Dreamweaver, then you can see all the code that applies to your swf file and can simply copy and paste it into your other web pages.

In the list of properties for the swf there is probably a background colour that is set to white. If it doesnt say background colour anywhere then look for a hex string like this #FFFFFF and change it to this for a black background #000000.

You can also set Flash to have a transparent background by using window mode but I seem to remember this caused me some problems in the past.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by medlington
    I find a good way to embed the swf is to publish the file from flash then open the html file that is created in Dreamweaver, then you can see all the code that applies to your swf file and can simply copy and paste it into your other web pages.

In the list of properties for the swf there is probably a background colour that is set to white. If it doesnt say background colour anywhere then look for a hex string like this #FFFFFF and change it to this for a black background #000000.

You can also set Flash to have a transparent background by using window mode but I seem to remember this caused me some problems in the past.
    That's what I do as well. Works fine.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm not very fluent in Flash... is that the same thing as my other post "Export it out of Flash then look for the swf file in DW, drag and drop that where you need it." or is that a different method? If so, what is the benefit?

Member #
    Using flash in your websites isn't that tough - this guide is useful http://www.zeroscale.co.uk/blog/embedded-flash-in-css/

:-D

Remove Ads