Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i haven't created a site using any CMS tool before, but i'm quite interested in learning one... i've worked with creating static html/css sites and a little bit of php, but creating from scratch like this (and maintaining) can be time consuming!

i'm going to start working on a tag/touch rugby site... the main goal for the site is to display information about game schedules, game results, and other related upcoming sports events

the site will enable organizers to update game schedules and news (Which will most probably be in the front page)

there is also a likely chance that an extension will be added for an online Community Discussion Board (Forum)

at the moment i'm looking at Wordpress (Which i think is the easiest to learn - and can have some powerfull features/plugins without overdoing things)

can some one make some recommendation on suggestion on this? thanks in advance...

anyways, i've created a simple layout for a start http://www.centraltag.co.nz

Member #
    Not sure I'd consider Wordpress a CMS... Have you looked at Drupal?

Member #
    Wordpress may not have been initially designed to be a CMS, but it is most certainly becoming very popular to use it as one.

I've used it as a CMS for a number of clients and think it works quite well as a CMS.

I'll typically either use Wordpress as a CMS or build my own customized to the website when the need calls for it. I find that the most important aspect of a CMS is that it is easy to explain to the client. They should be able to use it with a minimal amount of training at the most.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    WP is an easy CMS to learn (for the clients), and easy to customize.
    I also recommend it. Drupal is a great CMS, but may be overkill for you?

Remove Ads