Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

I've built a website for myself to share all of my pictures, blog, and allow employers to view/download my resume.

Currently I have different sections with lists of links to various events. Using a web album generator I have those event links go to the albums.

They look kind of tacky however, and I like the way lightbox makes pictures look.

Picasa only allows 1gb of free storage and I'm in need of at least 20-30gb...

Any suggestions?

Reference: www.jamesfontaine.net

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    check out the gallery on my site www.studio378d.com and see if that is something you like. if it is i would be glad to share some code to make it happen for you. im still new to design so it would be fun.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    That is okay, not exactly what I'm looking for, but a start.

I'd like to display pictures in folders (albums) via a link per event, and have them displayed the same way they are now, just in a more modern fashion...

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    im not sure what you feel would be more modern. your gallery seems fine to me. if you could detail what you want to change i can code it for you.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    I just want to give you a tip about your images loading really slow.

You have them uploaded really large and high quality. Nothing wrong with that, but when you change the size in the html it distorts it a bit, and it is taking a long time to load. Best to resize the images to the exact size you want them to be on the site, then write the html code for it.

This is the page I was looking at.
    http://www.jamesfontaine.net/KasAndI.html

This one is easy to implement. It's a flash program.
    http://www.flashgallery.org/
    Brandon Tran - Asheville Web Design

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brandontran
    I just want to give you a tip about your images loading really slow.

You have them uploaded really large and high quality. Nothing wrong with that, but when you change the size in the html it distorts it a bit, and it is taking a long time to load. Best to resize the images to the exact size you want them to be on the site, then write the html code for it.

This is the page I was looking at.
    http://www.jamesfontaine.net/KasAndI.html

This one is easy to implement. It's a flash program.
    http://www.flashgallery.org/
    Thank you for the tips! You're exactly right, the pictures load slowly because I have written to resize the original. I'll put that down as an improvement to make, I just resize it via code to make sure everything fits properly.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hidentalent
    Thank you for the tips! You're exactly right, the pictures load slowly because I have written to resize the original. I'll put that down as an improvement to make, I just resize it via code to make sure everything fits properly.
    Oh right right! Yep I do that sometimes too. Otherwise you are resizing and going back and forth editing photos. And you never know when a client will want a particular size or not. Good call!
    Brandon Tran - Asheville Web Design

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brandontran
    Oh right right! Yep I do that sometimes too. Otherwise you are resizing and going back and forth editing photos. And you never know when a client will want a particular size or not. Good call!
    It's just easier for me to get the spacing right for the page...

I'm really liking the macromedia link you gave me!

Member #
    I like the web site how it is honestly. I think changing the pic size would be a good call though. A lightbox is pretty easy and free to put on there, so if you're gonna add anything, I think that would be a good place to start. You can see how I use mine on my portfolio page. http://www.copperheadmediadesign.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by altgrunge
    I like the web site how it is honestly. I think changing the pic size would be a good call though. A lightbox is pretty easy and free to put on there, so if you're gonna add anything, I think that would be a good place to start. You can see how I use mine on my portfolio page. http://www.copperheadmediadesign.com
    Thank you!

I'm going to play with lightbox on a couple pages. I'm still a newb to it too but I'll figure it out.

Remove Ads