Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, im sort of a newbie on design., i know the basic and took me ages to get a cgi form mail working, then changed server and it wont work agai but i will work on that.
    I want to know if there is a script/ template etc for customers of mine can leave feedback. I dont want any willy nilly person leaving rubbish so need to be password protected that i can give to people. a single password is fine, jsut something to stop idiots leaving rubbish. Also so i can remove a comment if i choose so.,

Thanks for any help in advance
    Stuee
    www.disc-o-stu.com

Member #
    Well if you're going to have a password type system you're gonna have to learn PHP and MYSQL. I would also use PHP for your mailing stuff, it's a bit easier than CGI for me at least.

To explain if you don't know. PHP is a language that will send or retrieve the information to/from a database (MYSQL) which holds the information.

It's a pretty complicated set up you have if you don't know PHP and MYSQL. Hopefully someone else can come and explain it a bit better.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Make a website using WordPress. It doesn't have to be a blog, but it can
    use all of WP features on any of your pages. Probably the easiest thing to
    do and all of the PHP/MySQL coding is already done for you.

Remove Ads