Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My friend and I are currently starting up a Non-Profit Organization and are wondering how to make, or how much it would cost to hire someone to make a donation web page? We would like it to be similar to the NAACP's donation page: https://org2.democracyinaction.org/o...ate_page_KEY=3 We'd also like it to have a recipt page after people donate money. The site is hosted at godaddy.
    I am hoping that someone here might have some ideas for me. From what I have read I do not think I would be able to make anything since I am just profitient with HTML.
    Please let me know what your thoughts are. I appricate any ideas, tips, or help.
    Thank You

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    A couple of things about their page.

First of all, they have selected a credit card merchant to handle the transaction.
    I think they are using VeriSign (but not sure). That is not free. Each CC Merchant
    has different types of charges ... monthly, by the transaction, % of amount ...
    it varies between merchants.

Secondly, they are using a secure server (note the HTTPS instead of HTTP).
    That also costs extra money to be hosted on a secure server.
    This method is called "AIM" Advanced Integration Method.

If you want your site to be similar, expect to pay these fees (and it might not be cheap).

You could opt for a "SIM" Simple Integration Method, like PayPal ... where you don't need
    a secure server, but the transaction is handled outside of your website (like PayPal).
    You still pay a CC fee either way. You don't need to pay for a secure server.

So, decide if you really want it like theirs or not.

Remove Ads