Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi All,

I'm just starting to study web design and have been getting to grips with photoshop. I have created a few graphics such as buttons and such which i think look quite good but to my horror the graphics mess up when zooming in or out in firefox. They look like the colour depth drops to 16 bit and genereally horrible. I have used a number of gradients and highlights while making them, is that the issue or is there anything else i could try rather than redesigning them all! Also I drew them on a 1000X1000px canvas and reduced them to size using the 'save for web' option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Member #
    Sorry false alarm, I'm an idiot my bad! I was looking at them through DW not through my browser!

Banned
    Member #
    It depends a lot on what quality the video source you are looking at is set to.Since you said it's high def. I will assume the source is not the problem.So then the next thing you have to look at is the screen you are using. If you are using a high quality CRT then that should be fine, but if you are using a LCD screen with a 6bit color gamut then you are losing definition there big time.I think the best LCDs for pcs have a 10bit panel.Also if the pixels are too far apart that will reduce sharpness too.Now for the video card, the newest cards have better support for HD video hence having one is helpful.For example an older cards Ramdac will support a smaller color gamut. I have a X1900 series card and it supportsual integrated 10 bit per channel 400 MHz DACs.

Remove Ads