Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone,

I've spend hours browsing the internet, and I've asked on multiple forums before, and I really hope this'll be the last one, because I'm dying to get this working.

I've made my lay-out in photoshop (it still needs some minor tweaking, but I can do it later), and I really want to get this into a decent HTML webpage, I am using Dreamweaver because my HTML coding skills are really really low (I know only the easiest basics).

I am in my first year of studying mediagraphics, and unforunately they'll only teach me real webdesign in my third year, though I've been designing stuff and making various things for a long time now.

Anyway, here is my lay-out, could anyone give me easy and detailed steps on how to get this into a website? I've used tons of tutorials but I can never get it to work with my lay-out.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9859/layout.png

Member #
    Leafy,

Are you still looking for help in taking your design and creating a site from it?

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by LeafyBlade
    Hey everyone,

I've spend hours browsing the internet, and I've asked on multiple forums before, and I really hope this'll be the last one, because I'm dying to get this working.

I've made my lay-out in photoshop (it still needs some minor tweaking, but I can do it later), and I really want to get this into a decent HTML webpage, I am using Dreamweaver because my HTML coding skills are really really low (I know only the easiest basics).

I am in my first year of studying mediagraphics, and unforunately they'll only teach me real webdesign in my third year, though I've been designing stuff and making various things for a long time now.

Anyway, here is my lay-out, could anyone give me easy and detailed steps on how to get this into a website? I've used tons of tutorials but I can never get it to work with my lay-out.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9859/layout.png
    Josh

Member #
    Indeed I do, I'd love to get it working!

Member #
    Hi Leafy,

This tutorial: http://www.kromefx.com/index.php?page=vt&id=76

Is exactly what you need to learn how to take a design and "cut it up" and create a basic html site from it. However, do you have Adobe Photoshop? Not that it's required, but this tutorial relies on it. If not, what software do you use for image editing?

Josh

Josh

Member #
    I apologize, you mentioned Photoshop in your initial post and that you had tried tutorials.

Okay, lets start out with this. How do you want the header to function? Do you want the mouse roll overs on the navigation to highlight with the blue rectangle?

Also do you want the site to resize (be fluid) when the browser changes size, or do you want a fixed layout, with the design centered in the browser?

Josh

Josh

Member #
    I'd the like the design to be fixed in the center.
    And about the header, I'd like to have the 'current page' to have a blue button. And the other pages just gray text, and white text if you hover over them

Member #
    Hi Leafy,

Do you have the actual PSD (Photoshop file) for this that contains the various layers? I realize PNGs can have layers, but I'm not seeing any. And using Photoshop CS4.

It still can be done, just requires a lot more work.

Josh
    Josh

Member #
    Ah, perfect. Now we can get you a web site going.

Josh

Josh

Member #
    How do we start then?

Remove Ads