Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    http://twitpic.com/mgf5m

There's a web design I'm working on, it's just the bare bones at the moment. At the moment, the width of the content area is just over 1000px (I know it's a bit too big) and rather than scale it down too much, I'd prefer to make a fluid layout (e.g. width: 80%; ), but I'm just wondering if there's any way of doing that?

At the moment, it's a horizontal image that is repeated vertically, with a seperate image for the top and bottom of the white section.

Thanks.

Oh, and hi. I'm new here

Member #
    You need to have a fluid column on your design. For example your content you want to be fluid. You have to add from css for background 3 images : left and right fixed, and a fluid image.

You need to set for div content width in percent and for right column (for example) fix width - in pixels.

That`s a basic explanation.

You have to work if you want a fluid layout - isn`t exist a softare which convert automatically a fixed layout to fluid.

Member #
    It's much easier to deal w/ a fixed layout but it's mainly the code and graphics you need to chop up. So you'd have the left and right and the center area would expand. Do a search and you'll find many tutorials w/ that layout it'll be really easy.

Remove Ads