Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

jj1
    Member #
    I have a French Chateau site that I did a couple of years ago for an English couple targetting other English tourists - the site is at the top of Google for most English keywords. They now want to keep the English version but also have an additional French version of the same site to attract French customers.
    What is the best way to achieve this? - the budget will be minimal!!
    Do I need to recreate each page with French keywords in the urls and French keywords in the alt text etc and a French translation of the content? Or will this get the pages dumped into the supplemental because of duplicate content?
    Also, is there some form of programme that will do things for you?
    Would appreciate any advice as this is all new to me.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    How many pages are there on the site.
    Can you show us the link to it?

Member #
    You can try the google translate tool. Many a web site design company find the tool helpful.

jj1
    Member #
    Miseim:
    How many pages are there on the site.
    Can you show us the link to it?
    The site has 10 pages and is at http://www.chateaudeplehaut.co.uk/
    PepperEvans
    You can try the google translate tool
    - Many thanks for this. It looks like it will give us the initial translation pretty easily. Does anyone know if the translation is any good or do we need to allow a budget for getting a French person to correct the grammar/phraseology etc?? Has anyone had any experience of it?
    Given that each French page will be an exact French copy of the English page (pictures, alt text, content etc), should we just put the French pages into a separate "French subdirectory" of the website, accessed via a French flag at the top? Or would this get the pages dumped into the supplemental index for duplicate content? - I know not to duplicate English pages within a website but I've no experience of duplicating pages in a different languages.
    Also, presumably for SEO, we need French urls, French picture file names etc????
    Would appreciate any advice before speaking to customer. Am trying to get a feel as to how big a job this needs to be and how to go about it / how much to charge etc.

Remove Ads