Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Good day

I would like to know if anyone knows how to do the following:

On my website, Vahid Lancaster Graphics Online, I would like to create a "lightbox optin form". This is how I picture it:

Ten seconds after the user lands on the home page, the screen darkens, and an optin form appears in the center of the screen. If the user does not wish to optin, they can click on a "close" link and everything goes back to normal - back to the home page.

However, if the user decides to enter their information, when they click on the "submit" button, the lightbox effect dissapears and they are redirected to a page of my choosing.

I already know how to build an html form - that part's easy. What I would like to know is the CSS and Javascript involved in creating the Lightbox effect.

Assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Computer Graphics Blog For All Enthusiasts
    Vahid Lancaster Graphics Online

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I'm thinking JQUERY is the thing to use.
    Look up jquery on google and see if there's some javascripting that might work for you.

Remove Ads