Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone. Long time no see.
    I need some help again guys and gals and it concerns a site that need to be able to creat a user profile page. What I need some help in doing is, creating a form that people fill in with their necessarys, pick a template bg or indeed upload their own user created bg, then upload their photos and click submit and it then creates a page for them to be showcased. What I need from you guys is what kind of script should I use for this, maybe a link to a tut or something that would give me an inkling as to how to implement this onto the web. Also things I need to think about like security, maybe a small search engine dedicated to the site to find what you are looking for. And how do I setup the login and password part. I am sure there are things that I have not yet thought of, but as always I am sure you all will impart your superior knowledge and help me in my task.
    Thanks Guys and Gals
    Cant wait to hear from you all.
    Alan.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Alan ...

You start with an existing PHP/MySQL script to handle the user registration
    and profile page. Something basic that you can then customize.
    I make it sound easy, but you'll have to know PHP and MySQL ... no way around it.

If you can't do it yourself, hire a freelancer, or use Google to find a complete
    made script that you purchase. It's going to be a big project any way you do it.

This is a free script I've used before.
    I downloaded it, installed it, and customized it for whatever purpose I need:
    http://php-login-script.com/

It handles all of the registration, admin, and profile page ... nothing else though.

Member #
    Thanks Alot mlseim
    I have looked at the script and I am guessing that this will work for what I want it for. Is there anyway you can help me in customizing it if i ask you the question? Dont worry I will not pester you, I will go away and learn what I need to if you could just telle me what that it please. If I get stuck I will come and ask you or someone else. Also I have just downloaded Visual Basic, is that any good or is PHP better ?
    Thanks Alot
    Alan.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You'll have to use PHP and MySQL, because it's a server-side language.
    VB is something local to your PC ... although learning VB will teach you some
    programming skills.

If you have little to none experience with PHP, MySQL, XHTML, CSS ... you'll
    really have to start by learning it. Sorry, I don't have the time to help, but maybe
    someone else can? There's a lot of things you need to do on your end that nobody
    else could do unless they have access to your webhosting account.

Google will be your best help. Lots of tutorials on PHP and MySQL.

Member #
    Thanks mlseim, I will learm and hopefully I can get what I need to do done. Thanks for your prompt response though.
    Thank You
    Alan

Remove Ads