Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello All,
    First post, Just a quick question I have started learning flash and have created a very basic flash file however I thought before I start spending lots and lots of time learning flash, I should need to know how to put it on a web page, which so far I have found very difficult.

FYI I am using flash CS4 and frontpage(I know its quite sad)

thanks in advance

Banned
    Member #
    Well, you have a ton of options.

SWFObject 2.0

<object><embed> tags

The easiest way right now is for you to go into FLASH software

File -> Publish AS -> Select HTML -> and then go back to File -> Publish

I don't have CS4 right here, but that is the general idea.

Cheers.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    It is a very good idea to import the flash into a webpage because it is seen that most of the people likes to watch a video rather than going through the whole text of the site but remember as SEO point of view that the search crawler crawl only the text, although the Google crawler is crawling the flash animation too but the other search engines are not doing this job yet, so it is good to provide the mixture of the text and the animation in the website...

Member #
    I have the same problem. i have just started learning flash aswell and am in the midst of creating a navbar and some advertisment graphics however when I put them on my site i get nothing but a blank white box (which i have learnt is due to the fact i dont have flash player installed on my computer). Anyway as the guy above has stated it is a much better idea to import the file into your html, what program are you using for your html?

Member #
    Dreamweaver makes doing all of your web work very easy, especially importing flash elements. go to adobe and download the free trial!

Member #
    i have a serial that will turn a trial into a permanent program on your computer if you want it?

Member #
    they have different scripts one is an swf object to embed the flash if the user doesn't have flash it'll replace it w/ an image and text also it's W3c compliant so it's using valid code.

Remove Ads