Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Looking ahead to 2010, I am setting a goal for myself...do 10 Websites by the end of 2010. I've taken classes, read books and built my own little site. I'm not worrying about the details at this moment. I just want to set the plan.
    What do you think of this goal? Is it too ambitious? Not ambitious enough? Would you give yourself this goal?

Thanks for your feedback

Banned
    Member #
    Good goal. I did about 10 websites this year. I could have done more, but well business is slow.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    10 websites is a decent goal, depending on expertise level and the complexity of the websites. I've built simple websites (e.g. www.smartparkers.com) in just a few hours, but some of my more complex projects (e.g. www.oculi.com) have been ongoing for 2+ years.

Member #
    If you have good, interesting ideas for websites go for it! I have the skills but I still for the life of me can't come up with ideas of my own!

Member #
    It`s pretty hard to develop and keep updated 10 sites constantly. But I wish you luck and hope you will do some great sites.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    MaryJo,

When you develop and build these 10 sites, give the site owners (your clients) as
    much content management as you can. If your clients can log into a special admin
    page and add/edit/delete their own content, you won't have to maintain their site.

You don't need to use Joomla, Drupal or WordPress (although these are good things),
    but just a simple PHP online editor with a simple, single log-in for the site owner.
    Basic PHP scripts for editing text files that become the content for the pages.

Perhaps the clients can also manage some photos too, and they would have control
    over where the photos appear, etc.

I have some sites I've done 2 years ago where the clients are changing everything
    by themselves ... I don't have to spend any time on it unless the changes needed
    are above and beyond the basic content.

Remove Ads