Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have decided on a platform for the redesign of my first web project(pet site). I have a few post regarding other aspects of this but this is a little more general. I have decided to turn it into a full blown commercial chat/entertainment/forum thing. im still in the engineering and structure phase and have maybe bit off too much but im just going to keep chewing. i plan on a javascript chatbox(not 3rd party) and just started researching javascript. the css/html/php is no prob. but i would love some ideas about structure and some do's and dont's about this from more experienced developers if any would be so kind as to offer any. thx in advance.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Banned
    Member #
    I do any anything.
    I can do any work in this world.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Riderwear ...

I want a site exactly like Google,
    how much for something like that,
    and can you do it before March 1st, 2010?

Member #
    *laugh* Thanks for making me spit coffee on my keyboard!

You forgot to mention that you wanted your Google clone to have as many pageviews as Google too. :-)

Member #
    Keep the keyword density between 4-7% of the total page.This will increase your page rank.And about your website do you want a search engine ?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    well im going to launch an ad campaign sometime this summer and being a forum/chat the keywords are dependent on the users. the forum is structured more like a bb and limited to the 25 newest topics. each time the page loads it read/counts the topics and removes anything over the 25 count. so i intend to get most of my seo work out of inbounds, titles, and metas. i may sprinkle on some keywords but they will be in limited numbers and only enough to give a high level of relativity to the meta descriptions. thx for the read/post.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    So is the point of the SEO to get people to click on ads so you earn money,
    or is the point to get people to find your forum? I never really understand the
    purpose of SEO for a site that doesn't sell a product or service. Am I missing out
    on something?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    you cant make money from ads on a site that has no traffic.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Dorky ...
    But why would people want to use your forum?
    What information will you be offering that is unique and a "crowd-pleaser".

you cant make money from ads on a site that has a sucky forum.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    ah ok. the idea behind the site. i can do that. I am a member at forums and chats all over the net. the chats i started going to about two years ago to find a handful of users to join a chat group i started on a free froum and used a 3rd party chatbox(the one thats on the site now). i used this to learn html(my start) i only used the forums because it was free and came with a lot of stuff i could change. but then when i was ready to launch my own i scaled it way down and just kept it for the members i had. when the forum was gone i lost users. the chat didnt have enough traffic to make up for the loss of the toys. then of late i decided selling web design wasnt my thing. so i took what i learned and have decided to build for-profit sites. what i learned while building and being a member as well is that people like meeting people, they like the here and now(fitting of the net i thought), and they want a lot of stuff to click on, but as fb has shown, nothing to complicated. just clicking and making stuff happen in general. so im using a chat and single level forum with no subs, colourful fonts(like pink) and some comic sans. a small user profile that is just the pic, place to change password, and choice to show email address or not in the members list. its all the major parts that attract people with the temporary here and now but not to serious that people like. i still have a ways to go. i am automating part of the registration to include a "i did not sign up for this service" link that will automatically ban the ip of the registering party(ip from the form page). and finishing the mod tools this week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads