Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

BnH
    Member #
    these r my current color settings
    http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5632/screenshot01g.png

While working between Photoshop and Firefox i notice my colors are a little washed out in Photoshop and I think its because firefox uses the system color profile which is my calibrated profile.. is there a way I can get Photoshop and Firefox to match up without having to change my RGB in color settings to anythin but sRGB and turning on Proof Colors which is set to Monitor RGB?

it seems the problem applies to my css also.. so I'm not sure if it would be best for firefox to be in sRGB, System Profile, or not managed at all.. the way a screencap of my site in photoshop/sRGB is exactly how it looks on other computers, but i dont know how to get firefox to display in sRGB if thats the best option..

I can design my site in photoshop using sRGB which is a little washed out compared to my monitor's calibrated profile.. but when i code the site and open it with firefox it looks exactly how it was in photoshop but the colors r saturated so the colors look better since firefox uses the calibrated profile..

wouldnt the best option be to have firefox and photoshop in sRGB instead of my calibrated monitor?

I used to have my settings set up exactly like this page says The Mysterious “Save For Web” Color Shift | Viget Inspire but im not sure whats correct now.. what do u guys use? does it appear the same way in photoshop/firefox?

Member #
    Have you tried using a monitor calibration device to get your colors calibrated all around? I do it for printing, but it helps with my Web designs too.

BnH
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by htmljenn
    Have you tried using a monitor calibration device to get your colors calibrated all around? I do it for printing, but it helps with my Web designs too.
    I do have a calibration device and my colors r pretty accurate so when sites r viewed on a screen without calibration theres a big change.. colors r closer on other monitors to sRGB then they r to my calibrated settings

Member #
    Monitor calibration is very crucial, do yourself a favor and go out and buy one, it will help

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well, it is very good and also all the browsers should support your site so that your site and its color combination can't be missing or like damaged so its the responsibility of web developer to keep these things in mind while creation of the website...

Remove Ads