Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I don't know if this is the right area of the forum to post this, sorry if it is not I am new & yes I know thats a poor excuse.

I know very very little (I am having to teach my self everything) about web design, script ect ect. I paid a guy to do my site and he did a good job desiging it but he never finished and took my money and ran.
    I need to know how to down load all the files from my site online to my pc. I don't have the money to pay anyone to finish the site. Now I have to figure all this out on ly own and I do not have a computer background (I'm a All I need is my video sharing completed and pic sharing completed, oh I also have to figure out how to get my frorum (I have the files for this) back up on line.
    I have Dreamweaver Pro because it was given to me and I have been trying to learn as much as I can on my own.
    Can any one help woth this? because I have no clue what I am doing.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Before you begin, consider this...

If you paid a mechanic to rebuild your engine, and he took your money and left your engine in pieces, would you buy a book on engine mechanics and try to finish the project yoruself?

Probably not. So why try to learn web development? It really is not a simple thing to do well. Sure, you might learn to put togehter a DIY rebuild, but your engine is ultimately never going to perform like a professionally rebuilt one...

Forgive the metaphor, I think I made my point though...

Member #
    Gosh why didn't I think of this? oops I did.
    Come on man the last thing I need is another web guy bustin my balls, I already had one run off with my money and all I need is a little bit of help. Plus I never asked for your point, I am asking for help.
    I am not saying that I am going to go and build my site that would be lunacy. All I want to do is get the files downloaded to my pc, that way I can forward them on to someone that does know what they are doing.
    Plus when I was 15 I did by a book o rebuilding engines and yes after a couple of tries I did rebuild one, and another and another.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I'm not busting your balls, I'm giving you advice.

To download the files, you need an FTP client, the address of the server (you can ping your website to get that), and the FTP username and password for your website's FTP account.

Member #
    Do yourself a favor and either have someone do the work for you and then pay them, or go take a class and learn about it!

Remove Ads