Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I see sellers in forums advertising PSD (Photo Shop Designed) websites. Why is PSD so special? After all Photo Shop is just an image editor not a web creator. I'm confused. Why would you pitch your product based on the photo editor you used?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I think they are more about the graphic images?
    It's just my guess that with PS, the graphics can be saved in such a
    way where they can be resized, vectorized, or whatever the terminology is,
    where the images retain hi-res at any size.

I'm not a graphic designer, but you're right, PS is a graphic editor. They might
    have a feature where you can "slice" images and make some HTML out of it,
    but that sucks ... not a good idea.

But the graphic abilities of resizing, etc. would be the main use for PS?
    So, in summary, they're offering more about the graphics themselves, not the websites?

Member #
    Reason being is because that is where you design websites. It is the industry standard tool to create and design a web layout. The reason is being it is where you save all of your images to put to the web, so it makes sense to design it in that software.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Sites designed in Photoshop then sliced and exported are very common in the design industry. It allows designers to prepare "comps" and easily change them until they fit the client's needs.

For those who sale templates and include the PSD files, I would see that as an advantage for the buyer. The can simply go into Photoshop and replace an image or element they didn't like or wanted to see different then export by slicing out and overwriting the existing image.

Just about all templates sold on sites like Theme Forest are accompanied with full PSD layouts or sliced images.

Member #
    The thing is that PSD formats are easily editable.Saves a lot of time and effort.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    They're not selling Photoshop Designed
    They're selling Photoshop DOCuMENTS

The PSD is the file type... the reason they're advertising PSD is to inform the buyers that they're getting an image, not an HTML template.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yep basically theyre selling you the PSD document. You take the PSD document and make an HTML template out of it.

PSDs are desirable because clients can preview what the site would look like. If you want someone to make you a comic book, you could get them to print i, then you could request changes and get them to print it again (XHTML TEMPLATE), OR you could get them to show you a pencil sketch (Photoshop DOC) and you suggest changes which can be easily changed.

Usually you do a psd until the client approves it, when they approve it, you slice the images from it and start coding markup. Some people sell just PSD's and the more advanced designers with web knowledge will make the PSD and slice it up and markup the XHTML/CSS template and sell it as a template as opposed to just a PSD.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Their product is not a website, their product is the photoshop document that shows the design of the website. Companies buy these and get other companies/employees to turn these templates into html layouts.

Member #
    Hi,

Don't get confused.

Photo Shop adds graphical advantage to your website. Images of your website can be edited according to your requirement. This means that if any mistake is made by you it can be corrected by one click. This advantage of Photo Shop helps you to extend your creativeness.

Good Luck..

Member #
    the reason might be almost all the graphic on web need to created on ps or ai befor start processing and building a website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads