Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Online Calendar

Member #
    Hello, I'm looking for some help...
    I belong to a Citizens Patrol group and i'm trying to figure out an online calendar that can also be used as a scheduler.
    What I have right now is a website for anyone to see, and then a subsite that members can log on to using a username and password (which is done using a web tool provided by the site host).
    What I want is for the website to remember that a user has logged on, and they can then go into a calendar where there will be an event posted. The event would be a shift, and would have a button or something that the user could click that said 'sign me up' or something to that effect, and it would automatically add that persons name to the shift, so that if someone else was to come along they could go to the calender, and see that 2 other people have signed up for this shift, and could also click on the button to add their name if they liked...
    I hope i'm explaining myself alright. I dont know where to look, and I dont know any real coding....i built all my website in microsoft publisher (boo hiss, i know, but like i said i dont know anything else :P)
    Any help would be appreciated....for reference website is www.nanaimocops.com

Member #
    Hi Jessew,
    Have you looked into Google Calendar? www.google.com/calendar/

Out of the box, it is pretty basic and probably won't satisfy all of your requirements, but it is worth a look if you have not checked it out already.

Member #
    Ya, basically what it does is what I already have, what I need is the functionality of people being able to click that button to sign up for a shift

Member #
    Try with google search and you will definetly get it.

Remove Ads