Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    im doing fine on making nice looking sites (html/css) but if i add ...say like a "sign-up" page with a form..it wont be functional will it?..without serverside programming to build a database of members? not sure how that works..what im after is to limit all pages (except home page and sign-up page) to members only. or at least just have a sign-up page just to keep track of customers. so far from i have learned..the functionality of that sign-up page wont work until its on a server. so will the hosting company take care of that or do i need to code it? sorry, im a noob to this, just trying to understand how it works, so i can do it or learn what i need to know so i can do it. ty in advance for your help.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Like in your other post (the other thread you started), you'll need to learn PHP
    or Perl ... server-side scripting languages. PHP is most popular, and tons of online
    tutorials (search using Google).

Member #
    thank you so much, i was learning python before i learned html & css, i suppose i'll get busy learning something useful for web design..lol. ty so much. so you think "PHP" is the best place to start then? no java, asp, and all the others that could apply?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    PHP only because there is so much information available online,
    forums, tutorials, script examples, etc. I guess if you are into
    Windows Servers, you would go the ASP route.

ANY programming language is beneficial, just to learn how the
    programs work. The flow, the use of variables, arrays, databases, etc.

Once you learn a language (even C++ is a good one), you'll pick-up other languages very quickly.

Member #
    kool. but are windows servers prominent in the real world? i want to make money so i need to go with whatever is most prominent out there.

Member #
    Don't worry if you are aware of the logic behind programming and good in understanding them
    You will not find any difficulty in learning any of the computer language.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by salonline
    Don't worry if you are aware of the logic behind programming and good in understanding them
    You will not find any difficulty in learning any of the computer language.

yea, i have learned the basics in Python in the past. ty so much for ur input. appreciate it.

Remove Ads