Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Im new to web design/ programming. I have a "members information" page that pulls name email etc from a database and places it into a html table. i want to wrap the email for each member into a link tag and send it to a "contact members" page which will be a form page and from there it will submit to the form mailer etc.

my question is is there a way to click on the "contact member" link and have it pull the email address(taken from database) and insert it into the contact members page in the form field for email?

basically i want to create one contact member form and have it dynamically pull email addresses from the contacts page and display that address in the form field

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Let's say the script that processes and sends the email is called "contact.php".

On the "members information" page, as you display the table, make each member's name a link like this:

<a href="contact.php?e=<?=$email?>">$member_name</a>

I have no idea what your variables names are, so you'll have to deal with that.

Then, in the contact.php script, you $_GET the variable ($e) from the URL link.

Some things to consider,
    Since you have a database, you could only use an ID (instead of the email address).
    That way, spammers would never see the actual email address (nor anyone else for that matter),
    unless the recipient emails them back. A little less public information.

Without enough information (scripts, forms, HTML, etc) ... hard to answer your question.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    If you want to learn PHP, then please visit the following link, hopefully you can learn PHP step by step with some very good examples too, the site is as follows:

w3schools.com/php/default.asp

:aimangel:

Remove Ads