Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Scripts

Member #
    Hi! I was thinking to create an website using some good scripts which I can find on internet. Can somebody give me some links about such scripts?

A search engine like google or yahoo can be created using some tools found on internet? If yes what kind of scripts do I must have? My website should have search options on different categories like videos, music, blogs, audio etc and also a few more cool options if it is possible. Then I will put adsense ads and maybe I will make some money too. :-p

I found some turn-key non-free search engine scripts but they look poor and the design is horrible. :surprised: The performance of these kind of ready-to-use sites is questionable.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    A site that is searched would normally have a database (MySQL) ... which is the thing
    that is actually being searched. What would your site be about? Don't make a site
    just "to have a site" ... a waste of time and money. If you just want to make a link farm,
    and be a spammer, we don't really want to help with that.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just email google and they will send you a copy of their script. Yahoo will too for a few bucks. But why start a search engine and compete with these up and coming companies?

Member #
    The idea is not about a search engine for the pages of a site but a search engine for all the internet like Google. I don't want to compete I just want to express my ideas...:-P
    But sadly I don't have good programmer skills... yet..!;-)

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    So your search results will be focused to a particular interest? (your expression of ideas)?

Example, I would use your search engine to find information for "Obama".
    The search results are then focused on your particular views?
    Whereas, Google's search results would be everything encompassing?

Is that the basis for your site?

I'm just trying to understand this from a programming standpoint.

Member #
    Is there any way to provide search results for a particular search .Suppose if someone searched something in health in my site then the result should show the content from my site as well as internet.

Remove Ads