Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i have been learning php, html, css etc... i was wondering if i am just freelance web designing, and NOT hosting these sites if i will need any database programming?(mysql etc...) or is that something that their hosts will handle??? and for me to further understand i have another form of that question as well: so, i only will use my sql (or whatever database is) for my own developement environment or if i work for an other company as say..web developer or something? am i understanding this correctly?

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    ty

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    When you do work for someone else (a client), you have them provide the
    web hosting account using their own credit card. The web host they pick
    will have the MySQL databases, PHP, etc ... just like any other web host.

Your client then provides you with the FTP account info you'll need to upload
    your files, and the web host control panel log-in you'll need to set-up MySQL
    databases and whatever else they need.

For your own development and a "sandbox" to play in ... you should get your OWN
    web host account with your own domain name. That will be the place where you
    provide a web site for yourself, and a place to experiment with PHP, MySQL and
    installing scripts, etc.

Member #
    so as "freelance" working for a client, they must pay for the hosting service first then give me access so i can log in and create the database and build the site from that? just making sure i completely understand this. trying to make sure im clear on what i need to do for my personal/professional goals.

i have worked a lil lately learning mysql, but never had to work with it yet on another hosts. just been practicing on my WAMP environment so far.

ty for ur input

Remove Ads