Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi
    Please help.I am trying to get a NAV BAR to show in Internet Explorer 6. The nav bar shows alright in Firefox and Opera but does not show in IE. What can I do to get it to work in IE since(unfortunately!!) quite alot of people down here still use IE. The site is at http://www.filmsforchangenigeria.org
    Together Everyone Achieves More
    http://www.filmforfree.org

Member #
    Dont know whether you noticed but the navbar does not display in IE7 either. Download IEtester to test your site in different version of IE http://www.brothersoft.com/ietester-153799.html

Also could you post some of your code and maybe i can help.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nair, I looked at your code yesterday and saw some nasty stuff in the head tag. Get rid of that first. Looking at the code, I can't see anything that would cause it to completely disappear, and the css for the nav looks ok. Get the stuff out of the head tag, try it, and post back.

Member #
    Check with IE tester it may help you .

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by UNarmed
    Dont know whether you noticed but the navbar does not display in IE7 either. Download IEtester to test your site in different version of IE http://www.brothersoft.com/ietester-153799.html

Also could you post some of your code and maybe i can help.
    Hi UNarmed
    Thanks for the tip. I downloaded IEtester. I didnt see any help or instructions on how to use it. For instance couldnt figure out how to load my site into it. Anyway I played around with it some and twiddled with some buttons and I dont know if it helped but I think I can see all my nav bars now .
    By the way ( I probably am dumb or something) but I dont know how to post code on this forum.Yes I know I should read the forum rules and other instructions . But please could you give me a hint on how to post code. Some people are Geeks others are Gurus, some are Whiz Kids.Quite alot of us are RAW NOOBS. Be patient.
    To help my Learning Curve I would appreciate if you gave me a little hint on how to upload code so that you could actually look at my code and see what I am doing right or wrong.
    Thanks once again for the tip. Cheerio

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroweb99
    Nair, I looked at your code yesterday and saw some nasty stuff in the head tag. Get rid of that first. Looking at the code, I can't see anything that would cause it to completely disappear, and the css for the nav looks ok. Get the stuff out of the head tag, try it, and post back.
    aeroweb99
    Hows your daughter? I checked my head tag and I admit there is a chunk of code that I put there that I got from Dynamic Drive. I got some help from members of the forum (Smoseley and mlseim). They helped me by giving me the website where I could go to get the code for a jquery Fadein Slideshow. I put the jquery slideshow code there in the <HEAD> tag so that I can add a slide show to the site. Maybe if I were patient enough I would be able to post the code for my site so that you could take a look at it and help me iron out the kinks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroweb99
    aeroweb99
    I just visited your site. Man Its Simply AWESOME!!!. How can I get to do something like that? I just peeked ,saw it and came back here to make this post. Once I hit the Submit Reply button I am going back to your site to drool....!
    I wish I could do something like that.
    Its terrific man. Great. I really like it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow thanks Nair, I appreciate that! I spent a lot of time on it and now I'm sick of it!

My Daughter is awesome. I can't believe you remember her! I attached a couple of pics. Watch out, she will steal your heart!

Attachment 3257 Attachment 3258
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairaman
    I checked my head tag and I admit there is a chunk of code that I put there that I got from Dynamic Drive. I got some help from members of the forum (Smoseley and mlseim). They helped me by giving me the website where I could go to get the code for a jquery Fadein Slideshow. I put the jquery slideshow code there in the <HEAD> tag so that I can add a slide show to the site. Maybe if I were patient enough I would be able to post the code for my site so that you could take a look at it and help me iron out the kinks
    Ohhh I know what I saw. I was using firebug and it could not find some of your stylesheets, so it throws an error like this (see below)

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="my_style.css"> 1<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    2<html><head>
    3<title>404 Not Found</title>
    4</head><body>
    5<h1>Not Found</h1>
    6<p>The requested URL /my_style.css was not found on this server.</p>
    7<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
    8error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
    9<hr>
    10<address>Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.filmsforchangenigeria.org Port 80</address>
    11</body></html>

</link>

I don't think it affects anything, so disregard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I looked at your site with IE Tester and the nav showed up in IE6. I will look a little further tomorrow.

By the way, for IE Tester, there is a little address window for the web address and then just hit "Enter". But FIRST you have to select one of the versions at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry about the triple posting guys...

Nair, run your site through the w3c validator, you have some errors that may very well be causing your problem.

Remove Ads