Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jj1
    Member #
    I use macromedia fireworks (others use photoshop) and I design my website to the pixel within this. I can then copy the images (all correctly sized) straight into my website.
    Personally, I find it is easier to get measurements correct in fireworks before I start coding rather than spending hours tweaking, correcting code, correcting images, tweaking, correcting code, correcting images etc.

Banned
    Member #
    Use Photoshop for image editing and creating other graphics. If you are not familiar with Photoshop then let me tell you that its not at all difficult to learn. There are a number of tutorials available online to teach to web designing with the help of Photoshop.

Member #
    like jj1 I use Adobe Fireworks to build a mockup and play with colours, graphics text, layouts until I like what I see, I'm a visual person and I like to see every element of the design together, then I start slicing and putting it straight into Dreamweaver (hand coding is over rated ).
    I do still draw a very basic "stick figure" layout on paper if a design idea comes to mind and I'm doing something else at the time.

Member #
    Good advice.... it help a lot. What important in a website is that it is user friendly and fun to explore.:alien:

Member #
    totally agree, often the simplest designs are the best, I always try and keep the text on the home page to a minimum and aligned to the left, nothing worse than trying to force your eyes to read centered text. I also like to use Verdana font I hate crappy cheap looking fonts LOL I guess it's a designer thing

Member #
    I start mock-ups in photoshop and illustrator. Starting with colours, graphics, a basic layout, content and information. I create about 3 different designs, with either the client picking the best one, or a majority vote (not leaving the final design for me to decide)! I then create as many pages as needed, then convert it to a pdf.
    I find printing out the layout and having it as a hard-copy infront of you really helps when you are designing the webpage.
    Personally, I use Dreamweaver, as I don't really know any different.

Member #
    Hi
    I want to have a website for myself. Is anyone know best web designing service in Australia which gives full maintenance and support and 100% commitment to satisfy all my needs.

Member #
    Liked
    728 times
    Rennimark ...

I think you know that you can use Google:
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...7671ef050a6f1e

If you're planning on getting a link placed on WDF for SEO purposes, it won't
    last on here very long ... Just so you know ... I'm keeping an eye on it.

Member #
    Pesonally the fisrt thing I do is research the clients company Im designing the site for. This includes getting them to fill out a 'project questionaire' this will help provide you with some basic information about the project and assist you to understand their needs (ie. logo colours and font style, what they want to achive with the site, what they actually do).

Then I will start doing a number of different 'home page' full colour mock-ups in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Usually about 3 is more than enough. Once the client has agreed on an initial design I will then go back to Illustrator and Photoshop and complete the final mock-ups with a storyboard PDF of the 'main pages' (ie index, about, services, contact etc). This storyboard will contain snapshots of each page as well as info about functionality, colous, font styles, images need, sizes etc.

This is usually given to the client along side a 'project management' document which outlines the entire project including an overview, goals and milestones, design considerations, site resolutions and restrictions, testing strategies, a fee summary and an outline of your copyright. This document must then be signed off by the client and myself and a deposit must be made BEFORE I begin to code it.

Once this is done I then optimize and slice any relevent images needed for the site and start coding in Adobe Dreamweaver.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Aliesha

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I prefer to make a sketch first and than orient on it while coding in order to receive exactly what I want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads