Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Thought Process

Member #
    I'm very new to web design and I'm enjoying it a lot so far.Though, it's very frustrating at times. I'm about to start creating a website for a local bath, kitchen, and tile remodeling company. What are some tips, advice etc. it's going to be a smaller site. an about page, gallery of their work, services page, contact page, testimonials. Probably not much ore than that. Wants a modern site. My client wants to try and target a "younger" crowd maybe first time home owners things like that.They do both residential and commercial places and have done some dunkin donuts in the area. Which I think can be a good point. People drive by and use these business everyday would be nice to associate them to my client..

Basically, advice, suggestions. Figure this would be a good way to just bounce ideas back and forth. Thanks in advance

P.S. This will basically be my first "official " site.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Not sure exactly what you're looking for here... advice on how your client should market their business? Whether DD would work for their audience? Not sure... when I think of DD tile work I think "plain and boring". Not exactly what I'd want for my house. Most residential contractors show their best work to potential clients. I don't totally agree with that approach either... makes people feel you're out of their price range. Not sure what I'd try to do... do some research and see what the most successful companies in the industry are doing on their websites.

jj1
    Member #
    I would look at bathroom websites throughout the country - and in a few other countries as well (just Google bathroom town x). Bookmark those you think might be good for the client and then see which - if any - he likes or doesn't like.
    That then gives you a starting point for your design - don't make an exact or even a close copy of the site; just use that and others to get ideas for what does and doesn't work for your client.
    Personally, I usually offer clients several designs to choose from - in the early days I would create even more designs behind the scenes and then offer them just my best.
    If they want a younger audience, then obviously use bathroom pics with younger people in. Check out cheap photos at http://www.stockxpert.com/ or http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php or free photos at Microsoft clip art.

Remove Ads