Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi All,
    These may be silly questions but;
    1. Can you embed third-party forums into your own website (i.e. Could I create directories within a website like mysite.com/forum/xyz and embed a forum from company xyz and another directory like mysite.com/forum/abc and embed a forum from company abc within my own website)?
    2. Can you also embed blogs in a similar fashion (i.e. mysite.com/blog/xyz with blog embeded from company xyz and mysite.com/blog/abc with blog embeded from company abc within my own website)?
    3. If the above two items can be done, would the forums and blogs be updated automatically on mysite.com if new blogs or forum posts were added to the original sites?
    4. Assuming it can be done, can anyone advise how or point me in the right direction to research this or engage someone to do it for me?

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    1. Short answer: yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Definitely doable.
    4. www.vbulletin.com
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Thanks for your reply Wired. Can I ask one other question, was vBulletin just one suggestion of many options out there or is (in your opinion) 'the best' solution for doing this?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You're asking for a content aggregator? vBulletin doesn't do that. You'll have to do something custom.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Not sure if the other forum software out there can do it all, but some might be able to.

Steve, you can fuel forums via RSS feeds.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads