Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of using a web service I met this guys the other day who sells MA web centers? Have you ever heard of this? It's a platform that is used to build and maintain websites. The key features of this platform is it allows the website owners complete control over their websites using a WYSIWYG program. So he would charge around 1500 for initial web build and set up then charge 50.00 a month to his customers so they can keep using the WYSIWYG program along with the customer care features. I have a feeling that he wants me to buy into this web service, but not being a web expert (like some of you) I am unsure of the value of using his WYSIWYG program verses using an actual web developer would benefit a company. Any Ideas? or Advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you so much for your time!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Hi DesignerGirl,

There are a lot of companies pushing proprietary CMSes (content management systems) still.... though they were more common 5 years ago.

The only difference in using this guy is that you'll be paying him a licensing fee for the rest of your life.

You can go with a Joomla or Drupal CMS, which is completely FREE, wtih NO licensing fee, and OWN the website, ADD modules to it, and just get a web developer to skin it and configure it for you.

Then you can pay $5 a month for hosting instead of $50 a month.

Good luck!

Remove Ads