Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    EDIT (by Steve): JamesParker has been banned for PLAGIARISM. His signature has been edited to give credit to the author and to eliminate James' links to his company CYBER DESiGNZ.

So much for "Maintaining Positive Online Reputation!". (I love irony!)

In order to get success in this the competitive online world, you required to maintain a good online reputation. A good reputation not raises sales but also results in better revenues and higher profitability. Here are some simple standards to maintain your website’s reputation:
    Reply to clients:
    Replying to clients in a positive and impressive manner is an important part of managing your website’s reputation. Be quick in addressing your clients’ issues before the word spreads.

Create blogs:

Writing a blog is extremely effective in promoting your business. Through blog you step-up your chance of getting high traffic and ranks. If you or any of the expert web design company important knowledge like instructions, guidelines, tips and trick that can be useful for the users, share them through writing blog. This will enhance your online reputation.

Use the social media:

Building up social media networks in order to maintain your online reputation is a great opinion. To start with, set up your profiles on Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, Facebook and MySpace. Once you have created your accounts, you will need to do the following things:

• Create a complete profile by putting all the information
    • Engage and Interact with the members
    • Monitor comments for both positive and negative remarks

Building a good online reputation is not easy; it takes a lot of time. So it's important to follow the above given tips to maintain your positive reputation among the online community.

---

I stole the above content from this blog post. Thanks to Steve for giving the author(s) their deserved backlink and destroying my weeks of failed black-hat SEO techniques!

Member #
    Building reputation is a lot tougher when you confuse reputation with the most primitive use of technology. Seriously, aside from response -- and what the heck is an "impressive" manner -- nothing in that article was about reputation management.

First off, follow the Web Credibility Project guidelines. You won't build reputation unless what you say is credible. (knowing what you're talking about also helps)

Next comes authenticity. And authenticity is what a blogger needs to put forth.

Next, social media can be the biggest timewaster yet. Don't use Facebook and other social media sites like a Rolodex. Be a "connector," putting people and situations together -- not a FarmVille expert.

Understand you can gain a number of different reputations. ...Someone with too much time on their hands. ....A time waster. ...A wannabe without expertise in the subject. ...Easily impressed with technology as pseudo-magical end unto itself.

But most importantly, know what you are talking about. Because doing otherwise gives you a reputation just as well.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    DC, don't bother responding to james. He's a complete tool without an original thought in his head.

He completely ripped that from this blog post: http://www.civisnetwork.com/2009/12/...te-reputation/

Member #
    Keeping in mind others might actually click this thread looking for reputation management -- it's not a total waste of time to provide guidance and resources. Good topic. Bad start.

You do wonder whether any of those people will take the hint by how the OP's reputation went though.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    True enough.

That's why I don't flat-out delete threads like this that have meaningful replies to the OP.

:-)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That guy has been driving me nuts. I knew it was only a matter of time, thank you. He does the same thing on another forum.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Tip them off about him!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I did. He had another long *** post about some bull crap, so I copied and pasted the whole thing in Google and low and behold, there it was on another site! Word for word, and not his! They just erased him totally though.

Edit: btw, I love what you did to his post! That was pretty crafty!

Remove Ads