Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

I'm Assistant Professor with very big project in hand to undertake the complete dev.
    I need a website to serve as an educational tool for students learning about Crystallography (the branch of science that studies the formation and structure of crystals, refers to the generation of images portraying how atomic arrangements within a material.) and as a database resource for people seeking information about specific crystal structures.
    I don't think I'll have enough time to complete all aspects of them myself. I had post details on these website
    getafrelancer.com, guru.com, elanc.com, freelanceidol.com
    (someone especially recommended me the last one, if I don't want 'bidding' methods for the lowest quality and I agree with that.)

I'd basically like to talk to anybody with web developer skills or whatever value you feel can bring to a collaboration.
    If you are interested in becoming involved with this project, Please get in touch!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Look at Moodle and other LMS solutions.

Member #
    You might do well to explain what you want from this "tool." What do you want to accomplish?

It is a wonder to me how people can want tools but have no focussed purpose. You want a student to graduate a course, which means identifying points of failure, a common set of misunderstandings and cognitive errors, and putting something in the "tool" with the express intent to reduce failure rate.

And for that you'll want to test with users. Not do anything because we've just got to do something!!

You may want a wiki for this -- of which there are several already. No need to reinvent the wheel. This is not the era of if we didn't build it, it doesn't exist.

Remove Ads