Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

qda
    Member #
    I am transferring my client's website to WP so that they can update the copy. They have also asked me to implement a solution for their customers to book appointments online. Googling yields MANY different options, so I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with one that they've been happy with.
    It doesn't have to be free or anything, and it can be hosted or not. I just want my client to have a reliable, useful way to help them save time on phone calls, and have their customers use the website instead.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You mention that Google yielded too many options, but did you look
    specifically for "booking plugins"? Just curious if the search below is what you used?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=wordp...e7b30361da4917

qda
    Member #
    Yes, I did look at plugins as well, but the solution does not need to be a plugin, especially because plugins are often not as well supported or robust as standalone solutions. My client has the budget to pay for a non-free solution that works well, especially because it would be saving them money.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Will your client be using the online booking script 100% of the time, in REAL time?

If they are already using some other offline software for booking and appointments,
    they most likely won't want two systems. But not sure what they are using now.

qda
    Member #
    Ideally they would switch to a 99% online system (except for the rare person who doesn't want to book online). They currently have a pen and paper system, but that is what they are trying to get away from.

One other option I am considering is having a system that allows clients to choose from one or more spots, and then the confirmation is made by the office via phone..

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    There are some good Joomla plugins for appointment booking in the $50 range. Not familiar with any WP options.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I suggest you find a stand-alone PHP/MySQL booking system,
    even if you pay for it. Then, deal with the website updates CMS
    separately. I'm guessing they don't have much on the site that
    needs to be constantly updated? Maybe WP is overkill?

Remove Ads