Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    UPDATE: Client needed to update his java! And all the while I kept thinking it was my work!!! (He has since changed the design to remove the boxes from all pages but the home page and the blog.)

Original post:

I've viewed this site from several different computers, browsers, ip addresses, emptied all caches and I'm still not replicating what my client is seeing. He's in London and I'm in the US.

On this page: he sees only one "box" image under the flash header, CV for UK (should be a total of 6 image swaps). He doesn't see Professionals, Graduates, Students, etc. (I much prefer sprites but this is built on Wordpress and after a day of pulling out my hair trying to get sprites to work--& discovered they wouldn't in WP, I just did an image swap.) UPDATE: Client asked for the 6 boxes to be removed today from all pages but the home page so this is now a moot point.

From anywhere on the same site, when he clicks on "Guarantee" in the top nav, he's taken to a white page with an image, not the real page with content that is there, and that I'm seeing on all computers.

What do you see when you hit these pages?? Thanks for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I am in Canada and I see the same thing on both pages - here is a screenshot...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Thanks!!

I really appreciate the screenshot!!! I'm glad you see what I see. Hopefully when my client gets into his business office he will see what he didn't see on his home computer. I tried to step him through resetting Safari but I'm not sure he quite understood how to do it, and don't think he has other browsers installed.

Oh for the day when everything is standardized & we don't have to tweak for browsers soo darn much!!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    So he's on Safari? Have you tested it on Safari?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley View Post
    So he's on Safari? Have you tested it on Safari?
    Yes I tested in Safari, and it looks just fine and operates the same in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, IE 7/8, and Opera from my computers. He's supposed to check it from his work computer today and see if it's still rendering differently. I've had several friends check it from their systems and the pages look just fine to them too. It can't be cached because the page was never like that at anytime during the design/development process.

Member #
    I'm using firefox and i dont see the 6 images but in the home page, and i guarantee section, i see the correct page nor a blank one.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ChHuerta View Post
    I'm using firefox and i dont see the 6 images but in the home page, and i guarantee section, i see the correct page nor a blank one.
    You may need to update your java. This was my client's issue. He discovered he could see everything as it should be on his other computers.

I really appreciate everyone's input here...working alone can be frustrating when you need an extra set of eyes!

Member #
    My java is up to date, java 6 release 21. So it's not my java

I see the 6 images only in the home page. in the others they dont appear.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ChHuerta View Post
    My java is up to date, java 6 release 21. So it's not my java

I see the 6 images only in the home page. in the others they dont appear.
    double sorry on my part...the client changed his mind and the design, didn't want the 6 boxes on all pages, just on the home page and the blog, but even then he couldn't see 5 of the images until he updated his java.

Member #
    don't worry, it's ok, you have a really nice design there. Keep up your good work. Take care!

Remove Ads