Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Okay. Here's the deal, I'm working on a website similar to fmylife.com and the like.

What I want to do is have:
    -A page where your name, how much of something you've had, and what happened that day.

I then want to call on a home page that post.

For example:

Name: Trevor Integer Value: 20
    Story: Today, I fell off of my roof.

Something simple like that. However, I would like to assign an ID number to that post individually, and save it on the site. Then, I want to have the Home page start showing these.

Example:

[[Home Page]]

and so on and so forth. They will be different, obviously, but what I want to do is have them displayed in such a manner.

As well, I want users to be able to come in and post their own. So I have 5 pages so far.

[ Home | Make Post | Newest Posts | All Posts | About ]

On the Make Post page, I want users to be able to make a post with their name, their integer amount, and then their story. Then, once they click submit, it will be added to the overall list of them.

The integer value...I'd rather not say WHAT it is, but it's something that the user puts in.

I want to make it a simple process for the user. Is there anything you guys can think of?

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You have to get the "user member, register, login" part done first.

I suppose there might be an existing PHP/MySQL script that might do something like that, and have an entry thing. WordPress really wouldn't work. What you do will have to be a mix of pre-made and custom.

So, you'll have to have a MySQL account and do all of the scripting for that. I don't think you'll find anyone here who is willing to do all of your coding for free. There is a section of this forum to hire someone (like a freelancer).

Remove Ads