Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Is web page design different from web graphic design?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think that they are almost the same but have a slight difference. I would appreciate if somebody can tell the difference, thanks)

etm
    Member #
    Well at the heart of it, one could only design the look and function of the site, using design tools like PhotoShop and Illustrator, while another actually makes it functional through HTML markup and other code.

In a more real way, as the website industry has matured, the positions of front-end designer/developer, UI (User Interface), and UX (User Experience) design have come into play. These are people who focus on how the site will look, how a visitor interacts with it and analyzes feedback on the general experience to constantly improve. These people don't always focus so much on the actual code... exception maybe to front-end developers who do a lot of HTML/CSS/JS work.

You then will have back-end developers who focus on making the required elements function as designed, work with the various development languages and platforms, databases, securities etc.

Still a bit oversimplified look at it, but you get the idea.

All that aside. I get the impression you are simply looking to get your own site up and running yourself. While you can't replace the input and value of a professional, you can look at services like below to help you get started. They handle the technical issues while you just pick a designed template and worry about getting your content online:

http://www.squarespace.com/

The downside is that your template won't be unique to you, as someone else can pick the same one, but that may not be an issue to you. If you really like the service, you can still get a designer to customize the template within squarespace to make it more your own.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks ETM))))

Banned
    Member #
    I think of graphics design as specific graphic elements and web page design as an entire page.

Remove Ads