Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone.
    I have decided to try out web design as a small business. The coding is not a problem but, have to admit I am not so good at the artistic stuff. just wondering if you guys could give me some ideas for how my site should look so that it attracts customers.

I don't wont to copy what you guys have done as that would be wrong. Just need a little inspiration.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    Use Google to search for: Free CSS templates

Lots of inspiration.

etm
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by axon View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I have decided to try out web design as a small business. The coding is not a problem but, have to admit I am not so good at the artistic stuff. just wondering if you guys could give me some ideas for how my site should look so that it attracts customers.
    If you feel that the development/code portion is your strength, there is nothing wrong with partnering up with an area designer who is the 'ying to your yang' (i.e. excels at the design, but not the code). You might be able to throw each other work and actually be more productive if you are not struggling with elements you are not proficient with.

I know a lot of small businesses feel those arrangements reduce their business or profitability, but honestly, you may find the exact opposite.

Member #
    Lots of food for thought; thanks for your responses.

Member #
    there are lots of web design blogs too with great articles containing a collection of inspirational website designs, logo designs etc. also, look further than web designs for inspiration. look at magazine layouts, graphical artworks etc, all these things contain elements that you may love and can nicely incorporate into a beautiful website design

Member #
    blogs could be more useful for you.

Banned
    Member #
    Look at sites like themeforest there are hundreds of great templates/themes for sale. Those a re a good starting place then customize from there.

Remove Ads