Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,I have a new and small website.I want to know how to increase the website ranking.So that I can sell more production.How to send links are most effective?
    Thanks

http://www.mrdigitalcn.com/

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    1) Sell something unique to a marketplace that isn't "tech-savvy".

Tech products are all over the place. It's oversaturated. And it's a hypercompetitive market full of people who are notorious for being cheap and making the marketplace even worse. I know this because I'm tech-savvy and I'm a cheap bastard known for making the marketplace even worse.

On top of that, it seems to be that you're reselling other people's products. I'm not totally sure I read that correctly, but even if I didn't, the thought is there. And most geeks will think "why don't I just find out who the reseller is and buy it directly?" And with your products, it's pretty eas

You're just not going to be able to compete with that, no matter what you do...and why would you want to?

2) You're from Hong Kong. That's not a bad thing in and of itself. I buy a lot of my parts directly from Hong Kong. So do a couple of my buddies. When we can save 80-90% and someone still makes money, I'm cool with that. I've probably bought four digits' worth of swag over the years. So this isn't a racist comment. Please don't interpret it as one.

Your country of origin is a problem in that my buddies and I know that your marketplace is very cutthroat and that a lot of your competitors are selling on places like eBay, so we're going to take full advantage of that. I bought a 16GB iPod Nano (4th generation, I believe) last year for my nephew for $15. You've got 1 GB MP3 players on your site for around $18, and 2 GB for around $20. And on top of that, I can pay with my PayPal account and know that my purchase is guaranteed. I know this because I've actually had to make a claim that way. I don't have that same level of trust with your site, even if your prices were on a par with eBay vendors.

In other words, if you want to improve your site ranking, and more importantly your sales, you're going to have to rethink your business model. I could come up with several other things you could do, but these two should stand alone.
    ZingObee likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks,It is very uesful.

Member #
    Thanks,It is very uesful.

Member #
    TheGame speaks wisely and none of it seems wrong from this perspective.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Seems wrong? What do you mean seems wrong? None of it is wrong.

Thanks, dude.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads