Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hi everyone
    im not actually going to out source this XD but i maybe need to do a lot of fixes or maybe just a few.

a site im working on works fine on ie8, but ie7 is pretty much screwed as soon as you click on a subpage you will start to see all the broken parts. this is for quite a big client and the deadline is monday. usually ill code so that i dont have to do ie7 fixes, so im a bit lost when it comes to estimating how long all these fixes will take, whether they will require any large amount of recoding etc..

if anyone knows, could someone give some insight into what they think this will take and how long? (The deadline for all this is next week) so that i can try to manage work accordingly?

Of course if any one can see any obvious fixes let me know!! Ive pasted all the fixes i can find below (excuse my note form)

All the fixes:

SITE WIDE PROBS:

#main (content box) background not showing on subpages

.row within .group within #newsgallery is misaligned (look at video-library.php where it's displaying ok)

.row a (links) are underlined

#footer background not showing properly

#subpagenav not displaying - shunted down - to do with it's position:absolute. if i take this off this fixes the #main background too. i need to reposition it.

.analystquotebox background image not showing (bottom background does show. is this it's lack of height?)

SPECIFIC PAGES:

/wol/ (microsite):
    #main showing background but not spanning down to the footer. footer background not displaying at all including its colour.
    #lhcolumn (left menu) misaligned when hovering over it and after i take the mouse away

/wol/wol-video.php:
    video embed misaligned with #mainvideo (its holder)

video-library.php: #mainvideo misaligned - to do with it's position:relative, when removed it is aligned.

video-library.php: embedded flash is not aligned with #mainvideo its 'holder'

/future-ready-workspace/ (microsite):
    #footercontact bottom footer background not displaying,
    #lhcolumn (left menu) misaligned

case studies pages and partner microsites: main content is misaligned (fixed by changing .column4 margin to 16px all round)

what-we-do/product.php:
    left side of main content (.fullcol) too close to edge of white background

what-we-do/lifecycle-services.php
    left side of main content (.fullcol) too close to edge of white background

..Ugh..

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Good lord.

With a laundry list like that, you're either going to have to keep playing with the fixes yourself or find someone else to take the time to do them. Since you're asking about whether you should outsource them, that means you probably don't want to do them yourself, which means yes, you probably should outsource them.

Someone might have an idea for one or two of those, but this is one of those "two hours of digging and experimenting" deals overall.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    heh ok i see what youre saying - the oly reason it seems i dont want to do them is that a) im not very experienced with fixing for ie7 as i typically code smaller sites whereby each page is not uniquely designed and b) there is a deadline on this and it should have already gone live really :/

there is something ive noticed within the code - "sizcache". it only appears in the Developer Tools addon for IE, within html tags eg <div id="mydiv" sizcache="2"> i looked this up and it seems it might be jquery putting it there, could it be contributing to these ie7 problems?

and/or from my list does anyone recognise any problems theyve had before and can recommend best way to fix? I dont want my stylesheets to end up all hacked and have an ie css file as large as the main stylesheet..

Remove Ads