Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I really love web design and i've been trying to learn it for a few days only so far... so far i know html and css... but anyays im curious as to how people make money online from web design? any ideas would be helpful!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    most people just starting out don't make money as there is a lot more to learn... to get your skills to the point where people want to actually pay you money for it.

Technologies like javascript, jQuery, Ajax, PHP or ASP or ASP.NET ( a scripting language ) are a must... if you want to compete against people that do know this...

Some routes you may consider:

1. Find some non-profits in your area that either need assistance with their web site and offer to work on it and or keep the site updated for them. ( this will give you valuable experience in learning how others do some of the above mentioned, or perhaps just some knowledge in how the hosting part works)...

2. Find some friends or family that could use a web site for a business or organization and offer to do this at cost ( since you are just starting out ).

3. Find an internship somewhere that is looking for someone with entry level skills. ( they will actually teach you everything they need you to know )

Once you have a good grasp on some of the above mentioned technologies ( notice I didn't say expert knowledge )... start working on building a portfolio of sites you've done and or collaborated on.. to show potential customers...

Web design is so much more than just knowing how to code stuff so it displays on the page when called.

Good designers will also have a good eye for color and graphics.. (knowing how to tie them all together in an appealing way )... a good understanding of how people interact with web sites ( this is a must )...a good understanding of how search engines will interact with the web site...(yes they are different than people )...how to write good content ( to get search engines to index the site and pages correctly )... and much much more...

Member #
    To make money online you go for freelancer sites and freelancer forums.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    A few days? You've got a long way to go, and you're not even close to ready for a freelancer position...unless, as Webzarus suggested, you get in for cheap or free with a not-for-profit or a family member as a learning experience.

Learn how to build sites. Learn what users want. Learn what they don't want. Study it. Take a year, two, maybe three. And you might be ready then.

The other thing you can do to make money online is to build something useful and support it with advertising. But that'll take some time on your part as well.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    you need to create sales page for your business .

Remove Ads