Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Im looking to create a basic website that will allow people to sign up and follow a newsletter or sign up for contests which can help me grow a database.. if you can give me any leads to make this a little more easier please tell

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread any help will be greatly appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    What you're asking for is more than just a basic web site... when you involve a database.. users etc.. you've stepped out of basic stuff....

you could however accomplish this with a pre-built CMS ( content management system )... that has all of the functions already built for you....

to customize the site... you again... will need to know a little more than the basics... but the learning curve is much less steep...

look into Joomla, Wordpress, Movable Type... ( dozens more, but my brain hurts right now )... most decent hosting providers will have these setup so users can install them on their domain with little knowledge and effort... just remember to create "strong" passwords for admin console as well as the DB... and update the software anytime you get a notification ( you should signup with the software makers site to be notified when there are updates )...

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    If not CMS, then you have to master HTML and CSS, and be proficient at JavaScript, PHP, and MySQL. (the last two are to make the database work). So, as Webby said up there, go with the CMSs.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Remove Ads