Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm totally stressed for time here, possibly a bit over-caffeinated and pulling my hair out over this one.. I just need a super simple email contact form. I've found the code for the form. I found a program to generate the CGI script. It _seems_ to work when I send the message, however the email itself just says "syntax error" and has no message at all. I'm not even sure I want to fix this one, I just need some super simple code and CGI script and need to know where everything goes. I just don't have time to learn code right now or read web page after web page. I'm on my knees ladies and gentlemen, begging for help.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    cosmic_nomad likes this.
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 213979
    You Rock! It works!! Thank you...thank you thank you thank you. A million thank yous, seriously.
    You saved my butt. My company thanks you. I owe you...anytime, this life or the next.

I'm not sure why some are CGI based and some are php, etc...but this will do for now. Just gotta customize it a little but even as-is, it's just fine. Woot!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    CGI (common gateway interface) is usually associated with the server-side scripting language called Perl. PHP is another scripting language that has become more popular than Perl for most online web sites. Both scripting languages are good ... I think Perl is better at text operations. PHP is arguably easier to learn, mainly because there is more online support (forums, tutorials, information).

Remove Ads